Thursday, April 14, 2005

Here's inspiration to someone who wanted to knit an afghan.


Yeah yeah, where's the beef? Where's the knitting? I have a confession to make: I'm not really that much into stitch markers. If the pattern requires it, I catch myself humming and counting the stitches. For instance, knitting the Clapotis was just walzing through it 1-2-3 straight stitches, 1 "gay", 1 straight, 1 gay stitch. 1-2-3, 1-2-3. Err...back to stitch markers. If it's absolutely necessary, I use bits of scrap yarn for that purpose. However, I've just made this huge investement. 100 tiny rubber bands for 1,25 euros. They're colourful, practically weightless and if you lose one or two or a dozen, it's not such a big loss. The only setback is that I have a funny habit of putting them into my hair and forgetting them there for the night. Not so great to realise that in the morning when you don't have time to wash your hair.

No comments: