Wednesday, December 01, 2004

An addition to my storytelling jacket - taas yksi tarina lisää

Now, do you remember a message a couple of days ago where I was working up a hype about a project and a lovely addition to it? Well, at that point I wasn't able to add any photos, but having reinstalled Hello and spending a while with all the photos I wanted to add, the moment has finally arrived. This is the button I got from Jorun in Luxembourg. Just look at all the details!
Posted by Hello

Muutama päivä sitten vouhotin innoissani hienosta lisäyksestä yhteen projektiin. Kuvia ei silloin voinut lisätä, ja muutenkin tässä on ollut vähän pykäämistä, joten esittely vähän viivästyi. Mutta tässä vihdoinkin tulee; aloitetaan napista, jonka sain Jorunilta
Luxemburgista. Taitaa olla käsin maalattu, yksityiskohdat on niin tarkat.


And this is where it was going to be added: my storytelling jacket.

Ja tähän se oli tulossa: mun tarinatakki.

Backside:Posted by Hello

Näyttää tältä takaapäin.

The farmhouse in the front and some details. Posted by Hello

Etupuolen talo ja muutama yksityiskohta.


Dramatic things are taking place on the mountains. Posted by Hello

Jännitystä vuoristossa.


Drama on the pond.Posted by Hello

Samaan aikaan toisaalla: jännitystä lammella.


The farmhouse and some details.Posted by Hello

Talo ja joitakin yksityiskohtia.


Wind in the willows.

Kaislikossa suhisee.


Now THIS is UFO for me.Posted by Hello

Tämmöiseen ufoon voi vielä uskoakin.


He will never fit inside Posted by Hello

Ei mahdu kyllä ikinä sisään

of this:Posted by Hello

tänne.


And these are waiting for their turn. One of the principals I've had when creating this jacket was that I'd only put in things that do exist. But when I saw the frog prince, my heart just melted, so there had to be an exception there. And now I'm a bit torn with these dinosaurs. Ok, at one time they were walking the Earth, so I guess I could add them somewhere. But what about the UFO?Posted by Hello

Nämä odottaa vielä kiinnitystä tähän projektiin. Kuulostaa ehkä pöhköltä, mutta mulla oli periaatteena laittaa tähän vain sellaisia olioita, jotka on olemassa. Sammakkoprinssi teki ensimmäisen poikkeuksen, se oli vaan pakko ostaa ja ommella kiinni. Dinosauruksia on toisaalta ollut todistettavasti joskus olemassa, eli ne vois kyllä lisätä. Mutta entäs toi UFO?

4 comments:

Susanna said...

On ufojakin, ainaski Mulder ja Scully oli sitä mieltä!!!

Upea paita! Menin ihan sanattomaksi. Miten oletkaan jaksanut tuollaista tehdä! Upeita yksityiskohtia!

Anonymous said...

huippuhieno takki!

: Mutta entäs toi UFO?
onhan niitäkin. mun serkkupojat on rakentanu takavuosina monta, aikalailla napissa kuvatun näköisiäkin.

mirja

valentina said...

The frogprince is still a frog, so it counts.
I didn't know buttons came in all kinds of shapes and sizes like that. How long did it take you to get the button together? And the cardi?!

AnneV said...

Niin no, jos joku joskus siitä ufosta jotakin sanoo, niin mä voin tietysti heittäytyä tietämättömäksi. Ai mikä? Ai missä? En mä vaan näe. --Mut en mä näe tätä mitenkään erityisen vaativana tai edes piperrettävänä työnä, johonkin piti vaan hulluja ideoitansa purkaa. Löydetyistä napeista on sitten vaan virinnyt uusia juttuja.

Yeah, and when it comes to the UFO: if someone is to say something about it, I can always pretend to be unaware of the whole thing. Sorry, what did you see? Where? I can't see anything there.

This is quite an old idea, I think I started gathering the buttons somewhere in the late 80´s. Had a very vague idea to start with, just some green yarn which looked like hay or autumn leaves. And as always, I have several things going on simultaneously, so I really can't remember how long it took to finish even the knitting part. I wear this rather seldom these days, but it's a nice piece of eye candy to wear at a crafts show.

Now here's a link worth checking: www.buttonmad.com . Your button-awareness will increase quite dramatically, I promise.