Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Just a few details of the things I've come across lately.


The very last sunflower of this season. There were even some unopened buds last week, but I think Saturday's frost killed them.





















This Easter cactus has gone bonkers as well. I just realised this first flower after returning to my office today, and there should be more on their way. I just love its colours: soft pink and salmon, and it's almost self-glowing.



















And finally: even though I occasionally complain about life in Belgium, it's not that bad. Or it shouldn't be. We lead a very disciplined life here. For instance, you're not allowed to skate in a supermarket. Now there's a thought... I wonder if other shops haven't forbidden it, I could take my skates there just to test the floor.

No comments: