Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lassie come home

I'm a woman of extremes - it's all or nothing for me. During the trip to Rome I started knitting a shawl made of mohair yarn (needle recommendation 2mm and gauge 41 stitches / 10 cm). I bought 100 grams of this Royal Mohair and there might be some left. - Then, last night I caught a haunting image of Rowan's Bigga Print which should magically transform into a long coat. Yesterday would have been a perfect day to wear it - too bad that I haven't even started knitting it yet. It's just that even though I thought I bought "plenty" of that yarn, there's only about 30 metres of it in each ball. I may run out of yarn before I even realise. Maybe I should reconsider another pattern. Like Highland Lassie here on page 1.

So, what about the Italian shawl then? It's a s-l-o-w process, I'm telling ya. I've just kept myself entertained by inventing names for it. Photos will follow, you'll be welcome to throw your suggestions in then.

4 comments:

KirsiÄr said...

Loistava linkki! Heti tekisi mieli alkaa kirjoittaa kuvatekstejä...

laurar said...

Moi. poikkesin tänne vastaamaan, että en kyllä olt mä, joka sua on meilitse salamyhkäisesti lähestynyt. Toivottavsti asia selviää.

Meeri said...

Heihoi! Messut lähestyy. Muistin kirjani. Menikös se jollekin?

AnneV said...

Johanna dear, jostain syystä sun kommentista ei ollut tullut mulle ilmoitusta sähköpostiin - tai niin mä ensin luulin, mutta yahoon suodatin olikin lämmässyt sen suoraan spammipuolelle. Sait varmaan kirjasi Riikalta messujen aikaan.