Sunday, June 12, 2005

By this time I was well behind my schedule, so I arrived at late at the Brussels KIP Meeting, held in Grand’Place. A group of knitters had gathered on a sunny terrace of one the most famous cafes there, attracting the interest of passers-by and fellow customers. A seat was kindly arranged for me, and I sat down to see what the others were up to and show my own project which I had started on the metro while getting to the city. Once again, there were several different knitting styles, ways of holding the needles, and also a great variety of projects. Squares for a bed-spread, colourful intarsia, lace made with thin yarn, thick yarn, straight needles, circular needles. It was so nice to meet you all, although I didn’t catch all the names. But I’ll try to meet you at Passiflore next week, even though my colleague is absent every Wednesday and when she’s not there, I can’t leave the office as early as I would like to.


A gorgeous KIP day in Brussels


Hopefully you can see the details.


Can you believe that this is the reverse side?


Great colours and an incredibly neat finish.


Candy colours


all sorts of goodies under the table


Can you see what it's about to become?


Identity protection on - no heads, no heads...


just look at this!

3 comments:

AnneV said...

But you have done something much more courageous: showed your wonderful pieces of art to an audience of several thousand people. All those people in London, asking questions and taking photos - it must have been quite stressful. But like I have said several times already, it was a real pleasure to see your creations at the Knitting & Stitching show.

By the way, are there open shows like that in Japan? I'm just curious - it would be great to be able to travel there and maybe visit some yarn shops and crafts fairs.

Anonymous said...

It will be with a great pleasure I 'll meet you again in "Le Passiflore"...
So nice to meet you, Now, I'm just dreaming about your knitting thing...

C'est avec un grand plaisir que je te reverrai mercredi... Maintenant je ne rêve que de ton magnifique "châle", "écharpe"...

Sympathiques rencontres au coeur de Bruxelles, n'est-il pas ???
Ce jour du tricot en public a dû en épater plus d'un ! Déjà, l'homme de ma vie n'en revient pas, toutes ces manières de tricoter....

Et en plus tu fais du skate... comme ma fille aînée...
A mercredi...

Ma Dalton

Anonymous said...

Désolée j'ai oublié de te dire le nom des tricoteuses :

Il y avait Valérie Darras et sa maman, Liliane (en face de toi)
Il y a eu la présence en coup de vent de la maman de Vivi ??? (qu'on devrait revoir au Passiflore).
Il y avait Sophie en face de moi (avec son tricot en rond) et à côté de toi, Axelle et ses carrés toniques.
Moi je suis donc Ma Dalton... celle qui ne veut pas montrer sa tête !!!! et qui aime rassembler les gens autour d'une passion...